Wednesday 6 June 2012

Day 663 - Flipping Your Fins You Don't Get Too Far

Shoes: Turquoise & Coral Heart 'Lady Dragon' Vivienne Westwood Anglomania & Melissa

A dreich day today, so I'm not venturing out-but look at this gorgeous, bright outfit I wore yesterday!  I haven't been to Primark or indeed 'proper' shopping in forever.  On Saturday though I was meeting friends in Dundee and had to walk through Primark on the way to the toilets (one friend is pregnant and peeing every half hour) and I was trying not to look at anything but desperately wanting to at the same time!  Primark as usual was mobbed, so I couldn't have bought anything anyway and that wasn't what I was there for-but I spotted a super-cute doggy print dress that I sent my Mum back for on Sunday.  I said to get anything else she thought I'd like and she came home with this fish-dress (which I'm hailing as 2012's answer to the 2011 Prada-esque beach print dress that Primark 'copied'!).  The colours and shape are loosely based around Mary Katrantzou styles (not nearly as 'identical' as the Prada one last year mind you), the 'lantern' shaped skirt can add bulk to your hips, which might not be to everyones taste, but personally I didn't find it too unflattering.  I've seen the dress around the blogosphere but honestly never thought Dundee would get it (they never got the beach dress or indeed anything I seem to lust after), so I was shocked they had it and in my size.  It's tight across the bust but baggy around my waist, so I feel I need a belt with it.  I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do, but the bright colours feel so cheery and uplifting.  I paired it with a bright turquoise and purple eye (loved my MU y'day) and yet again these shoes were screaming 'pick me'!! How could I refuse? They are a perfect partner.

Wearing:  Fish lantern dress, black leggings Primark, bow hairband and belt gifts, cardigan Be Beau at Matalan.    
Fit: 4 1/4" heel, adjustable slingback, true to size.
Comfort: No issues with these.

1 comment :

  1. Ooooh, when did you buy that dress in Primark? Was it recent? I really like those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.