Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 731 - It's Always The Darkest Right Before The Sun Rises

Shoes: Beige Lady Dragon Cherries Vivienne Westwood Anglomania & Melissa 

Hello chickadees! Where did I disappear to? Well, Tuesday I decided against getting dressed, Wednesday (this outfit), I went shopping and that took my entire day and this is the first of me getting to post something today, Thursday (yep, it's late). I'll get todays outfit up tomorrow, but here's what I wore yesterday. I wanted to do something a little different with this maxi-dress and have been mulling over the idea of wearing a top over a dress. This top is rather sheer, so you could see a little of the leopard print shining through, which wasn't in my plan, but the colours and fit worked best. I did a little tuck at the waist with a belt, hitching the top up more at one side than the other (cos I'm fashion-savvy like that!), which isn't really properly illustrated in my outfit shots and and unfortunately generally, my pictures didn't really do the outfit justice (hate when that happens). I liked it. I will do it again. It also seemed to be a hit 'on the streets', if I'd had a £1 for every 'I like your shoes' or admiring glance, I'd have got my shopping for free! Mum says people either gawp at my feet and work their way up or are attracted by my hair and work their way down! As a side note, chose a different filter ('sun' apparently) for these shots which thankfully fixed my pure white skin, it was major white in the pics...like a sheet of paper white! Also my hair is not light blue like the close-up of the clasp...no explanation, just my 'ace' camera skills!

Wearing:  Leopard maxi dress ASOS Curve, cardigan Be Beau at Matalan, Barbie vest, scissors necklace and flower ring Miss Selfridge, owl ring Primark, other rings Topshop, leopard dog clasp gift, belt taken from another dress.
Fit: 4 1/4" heel, true to size.
Comfort: No issues with these.

3 comments :

  1. I love that dress on you it's so cute and the dog clip is so cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love this tee, and I think it looks great layered over the maxi dress- that's something I haven't thought to do in a while. I never wear tees otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel!

    Yes Char, it's a good wee idea, as I rarely wear T's either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.