Thursday 18 October 2012

Day 741 - My Pantyline Shows-Got A Run In My Hose

Shoes: Ivory and black 'Parkie' ASOS Premium 

Following on from the last post regarding outfits not always working, I was less than happy with this one today and the Shania lyrics (and indeed the whole song) felt very fitting as a title. I always start with something in my head, then sometimes it doesn't really work out and in this case I chopped and changed my mind a gazillion times and just settled with this because I was too shattered to find anything else! I was in and out of my wardrobe, reaching into far corners of piles of shoe boxes and I either couldn't find what I was looking for or it didn't look or feel right. I felt uncomfortable in practically everything I tried on and even these leggings were annoying me for the rest of the day, they felt like they were falling down (which I suspect is from my more rounded than usual tummy)!  It's going to be a nightmare tonight, putting all the abandoned clothes and shoes away again.  Unlike a lot (and quite possibly the majority) of bloggers who post 'daily' outfits, I publish every single outfit I ever wear, not just occasional days in a week or outfits I particularly like. So I suppose looking at it that way, I'm bound to discover some outfits that I'm not completely keen on or have my 'off' days. What about you, are you glad to have some days off from blogging or hate when an outfit doesn't work regardless of who sees it?

Wearing: Cream lace dress Pearl Lowe (Peacocks), dog print leggings H By Henry Holland, black cardigan Primark.
Fit: Very small, I had to go up a size. 5 1/2" chunky heel and 1 3/4" platform.
Comfort: The only issues I find are little stones getting stuck in the sole thus making them unsteady, you just have to be aware of it and kick them off as you go.

6 comments :

  1. Ooh I really love this outfit! Sagging leggings are a nightmare though I have to agree, an inch feels like a mile when they're falling down. These are adorable though. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sure do! I like leggings sitting up around my waist; hipster or ones that fall down are just so uncomfortable x

      Delete
  2. OOooh, but you look soo so so nice in this outfit! Really really nice! I SO regret not buying this Pearl Lowe dress- I found it in my size for £9.00 in the sale there a couple of years ago and I foolishly put it back! The leggings are awesome! I have a similar problem with leggings- they ALWAYS fall down and I have to hoik them up all the time. The only ones that don't do that are F&F at Tescos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's growing on me from editing the pics I must admit! I think I got this really cheap, the lining is 'noisy' which is the only off-putting thing about it. Glad someone else feels my leggings pain!

      Delete
  3. Adore those leggings! There's even a bull terrier there! Swoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did a pencil skirt in the same fabric too which I never saw instore.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.