Wednesday 26 December 2012

Day 784 - Thought I Heard You Say You Love Me

Shoes: Gunmetal glitter 'Attack' Carvela 

Merry Christmas! I'm just blogging a little here and there, when I can over Christmas. Christmas Eve is usually my busiest time, I like to make it to both the 'christingle' and 'midnight carol' services at church and am normally running around wrapping last-minute presents too! For the earlier service I wore this outfit; I'd wanted this dress the moment I saw it as I love the pansy print and it's a similar shape to my heart dress which I really adore. I snagged it in the sale a few weeks back and it's super pretty in person too. I teamed it with my star tights and some super sparkly shoes!

Wearing: Pansy 'Betty' dress Swan by Clements Ribeiro, black star tights Henry Holland.  
Fit: Run narrow, but I felt the next size up were gaping in places, so stuck to my regular size. 4 3/4" heel.
Comfort: No issues with these, although the heel height won't be for everyone.

Shoes: Green metallic 'Little Fish' Irregular Choice
Later at night, I changed into something a little cosier and comfier. It was raining, so I was aiming for 'reasonably sensible' (which we all know is nowhere near real-sensible). So I popped on my spotty Dorothy Perkins dress you can see here (it was far too dark to take photos at this time of night) and my green boots. 

Fit: I've tried both sizes and while my regular size fit, I was more comfortable in the size-up. Heel 4 1/4", slip on.
Comfort: No issues.

13 comments :

  1. A question-how do you keep your tights "good"? I have had those henry holland tights plus the reverse spot ones. Have gone through 2 pairs of both and each time I have only got 1 wear out of them before they ripped or snagged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are wrecked on the other side from wearing them last time with my glitter mary-janes from Topshop, the glitter just rubbed the tights : ( I think I've only worn them a couple of times which is probably why they are still wearable, I've had a habit of putting my fingers right through tights lately!

      Delete
  2. A very happy Christmas to you, dear Gemma!!! I hope it was lovely for you! I adore your IC turquoise boots- I would love a pair of those- how long ago did you buy them?? The first shot of your Carvella shoes is so pretty with all the stars!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie and to you too. I got the boots from Letsbuyshoes...in the summer I think, not sure if they still have them in the green.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, and I went to the midnght service at my Dad's local church, a tiny Norman church in the middle of the woods, it was really lovely!!! Once again, quite sure I embarassed my family by singing really loudly!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh we needed you at ours, the singing was dreadful in parts!

      Delete
  4. I really like your blog!!!!
    X.O.X.O. Shoes Girl

    http://beautifulniceshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those tights! But mine only lasted one outing (they ripped right away..). btw, do you have instagram? I just joined it yesterday and am quite pleased with it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't, don't have an i-phone or else it looks pretty cool. I have Tumblr, but I tend to have droughts of non-posting, then loads all at once!

      Delete
  6. Merry Xmas honey. Those shoes and tights were made for each other. Oh I would love a pair to wear with my IC start shoes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and to you too! Think Primark were doing replica star tights for a while, not sure if they still have them.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.