Friday 18 January 2013

Day 801 - He Always In The Air, But He Never Fly Coach

Shoes: Black fur 'The Beast' Irregular Choice

I get all geek when it comes to weather (which makes me ponder why I never took geography at school?? Erm probably because I wasn't interested in the other aspects of the subject) anyway, I looked up the 'snow map' yesterday and it made out like we would be getting 0cm of snow. We were the one little coastal part of Fife to avoid it.  It was supposed to be cold and perhaps a bit of ground frost but no snow. Mum woke me this morning though to tell me 'it's snowing'!! And it was, heavily. It's been on and off all day, very blizzard like at times with poor visibility and the road is white again within a few minutes of a car leaving fresh tracks. So it was a little unexpected for us to get some snow, but from the sounds of things there are a lot of you that did expect lots and didn't get it, is that right? I know my cousins children are annoyed they had to go to school this morning! I decided to brave it and go out, because when it's reasonably deep like that I find it not too bad to walk in (a completely different story when it's ice, slush or frost though). It called for industrial strength footwear in the shape of The Beast! I actually bought this black pair in the sale ages ago, after wearing my brown pair tonnes throughout last winter. There's something slightly wrong about snow once Santa has been though....like there isn't really a point to it!

Wearing: Spot dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, black leggings and coat Primark, cardigan Bonmarche.
Fit: True to size, a little big in the heel (not as much as Long(er) Lashes etc though). Slip on, adjustable buckle on straps. Heel 4 3/4" and platform 1 3/4".
Comfort: No issues with these.

10 comments :

  1. Love those boots! I bet they keep your toe's warm in the snow :). I love the fur!
    We have had quite alot of snow here in the west midlands, it's been snowing since this time yesterday and hasnt stopped!
    Take Care
    Vanessa
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, hope you're managing to get out and about if you need to. Still snowing on and off here, not going to venture out today as it looks a little slippy!

      Delete
  2. Such an uber adorable look! Lovin' the boot/dress combo going~
    If they were still around (the boots), I would have snagged a pair. But I fear of them running a little Too small :( I'm usually a US size 12 in womens' and an 11 if I'm lucky. Going by your opinion, do you think I would still have a chance to fit Any pair of ICs?

    On a different note, snow, UGH! It should be snowing here, but it too seemed to have flown south for the winter, haha! Weather here in the US is very sporadic right now~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, yes we are experiencing very strange weather here too, I'm putting it down to climate change, it's very unpredictable! As for IC, they can be a little unpredictable with their sizing too, although I've found the past couple of years have been truer to size. There's certainly room in these boots and the 'Toad In The Hole' ones I have (knee high with laces up the front) which came from the same collection and Long (er) Lashes, Mo' Money Mo' Heel were ont he large side too from a few years back. I believe IC are doing more and more styles in bigger sizes like a 42,which I think is the US11.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness! i love that i found your blog! you are a shoeholics best friend! i am almost literally drooling over all of your shoes. thanks for sharing and this pair of boots is super hot! love your hair too! :)

    xx
    anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the Perfect girly pretty boots for the snow i'm jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots were made for the snow. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.