Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 885 - Romantics Are A Dying Breed & This Romance Is Dead To Me


Shoes: Pink jelly wedges 'Kyle' Harajuku Lovers 

Finally up-to-date with TSGD posts, yippee! This outfit is from Monday and you can see my corresponding Monster High Monday makeup post here, yes it involved blue lips and glitter! I've had this skirt for weeks and never quite felt right in it, so changed into something else. This time I stuck with it, after attempting this same outfit some time ago but getting makeup all over the neck of the t-shirt and having to change. I found these shoes which I've only worn once or twice, but I wanted a bright colour to brighten the dark print and tie in with the colourful print on the top. I'm still not entirely convinced that I suit t-shirts, especially those with higher necklines like this one, but I want to like them so am persevering! It's a pity Harajuku Lovers shoes were so short-lived here.  When they were available, they were a struggle to find until Amazon/Javari stocked them and now you can only find older styles on eBay.  It's a shame because the HL footwear was the younger, more flamboyant and fun sister of Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. line and while I still like the latter, they are very pricey and that kitsch element is missing.

Wearing: Brown snake print maxi skirt and green beaded and pearl cardi Primark, rainbow panda t-shirt H By Henry Holland, pink belt taken from another skirt, floral hair comb Yama Yama Pretty Mama.
Fit: Run large in length but narrow width, adjustable buckle fastening. 4" wedge heel, 1 1/2" platform. 
Comfort: That tight strap across the foot doesn't rub, but can feel very tight after a while.  

4 comments :

  1. Oooh those shoes are a gorgeous colour! I need to get more hot pink shoes. I realised the other day when wearing a hot pink belt that all I have are a pair of really high heels with gold spikes so not appropriate for everyday wear.
    The skirt is lovely too!
    xx

    p.s. only just noticed your Flopsy icon! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I just realised the value of a hot-pink shoe recently and need more! I have my satin Miu Miu's and IC Bambino, but the IC's are patterned and have a dolly on the front, so don't always go with everything, but I love bright pink as a contrast to navy or leopard print for example.

      Delete
  2. I'd never even realised that the range existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they mainly did t-shirts and bags, then came the shoes and there's a baby/kid range too which is adorable.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.