Thursday 19 February 2015

The Shoe Girl Styles It: ASOS Playlist & Hampton

asos playlist court shoes
Two looks and shoes for you today, because I wasn't feeling particularly decisive!
The first pair are ASOS Playlist £30, a vintage style court with scalloped edge. ASOS describe them as 'mint' but I think they look more dusky blue myself (they also come in nude-pink here). Now I've picked the same dress for both shoes, but shown slightly different styles. I'm so in love with the boat print on this M&Co dress and I really wanted to play on that vintage, seaside feel, which these shoes work well with, by adding an ice-cream shaped bag and some retro sunglasses. It looks very well put together but is actually pretty laidback and easy to wear. asos hampton sandals
My other look features these ASOS Hampton £42 sandals in bright 'tomato'. They have one of those really strangely shaped heels, that is broad from behind, but narrow from a side angle. That's why I chose the above image, so you could properly see what I was talking about. The shade of these shoes totally enhances the colour on the life-ring in the nautical print and obviously the belt too and had been my initial pick to go with this dress. However, I really liked the idea of an entire pastel look, so I got to take these sandals in the other direction with a more modern, brighter vibe. Pairing them with these mirrored heart shaped sunglasses and textured, multi-coloured clutch. I like the contrast with this outfit, because sometimes you don't want to be too matchy-matchy, though I think the pale look just comes out in front for me. Whatever the case, I like a dress that can work different looks. Which do you prefer?The Shoe Girl Styles It: ASOS Playlist & Hampton
ASOS Playlist worn with: M&Co nautical print dress £39, MissGuided 'Kezia' sunglasses £8 and SkinnyDip ice-cream bag £25. 

ASOS Hampton worn with: Dress as above, heart sunglasses £12 and sequin clutch bag £24.50 (sale) both ASOS.

6 comments :

  1. Really like this outfit (with both shoes) and the background is gorgeous. What a cute dress. Hope you're feeling wellx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The dress is lovely, comes in a top too.

      Delete
  2. Love both of the shoes - the dress is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.