Sunday 17 May 2015

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Orla Kiely Beryl

stock image of Orla Kiely Beryl tan coloured platform shoes on white background
It appears I can only manage our TSGSI 'luxe' posts at the weekend! Sorry for the absence of regular TSGSI during the week, hopefully (without making any promises), I'll find more time next week. Technically speaking this is a 'high-street' shoe, well actually no, a designer/high street collaboration. The price shifted it into 'luxe' mode, so I planned a 'designer' look around it.
The shoes are Orla Kiely 'Beryl' at Clarks £150 and are my favourite style from the hook-up thus far. My teenage self would've been all over these in the 90's and not just for nostalgic reasons, I'd still wear them now. This is the tan, they also come in blue and feature a chunky 4 3/4" heel. Now, I did not plan this look at all, it really did just fall into place in front of me and though there's a lot going on, it's working. The one thing I had already picked was the Barbara Rihl leopard print bag. I haven't featured one of her designs for a while and this 'Lea Loves Paris' tote caught my eye. If I had any advice for Lea, it would be to avoid that 'admirer', he seems more like an art sleaze to me and I'd guess those glasses are fake, to make him look the part. Gasp! As for the rest, well I picked the Pinko coat as I thought it would look cute with jeans, but the dress in a similar print started appealing. They worked with the shoes, but did I need to ditch the patterned bag? Was the coat and dress too much together? I think if you're bold enough to wear this print in the first place, you'd have no qualms wearing the whole look and finishing it off with these adorable bright red Celine sunglasses, like I did. Colour me pretty or clash me fail? What do you think?
Polyvore outfit set for Orla Kiely platform shoes with retro printed dress and coat and cat eye sunglasses
Worn with: Pinko 'Scrittore' floral print coat £380 and Zoologo dress £185, Barbara Rihl 'Lea Loves Paris' tote £259.78 (sale) and Celine 'Papillon' red sunglasses £220 (sale).

4 comments :

  1. That dress is truly Amazing! Not so keen on the shoes-a bit chunky and brown for Mr.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that with previous OK styles, too chunky, though I think these have just enough height in the heel to compensate for that.

      Delete
  2. These shoes are fantastic! I like Orla Kiely very much and these Beryl, wow! The dress is also amazing and a perfect match and I am in love with that cute tote!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.