Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Wallis Poppy Dress

stock image of 3 different coloured floral dresses from Wallis on white background
Yes, you read that title correctly, I'm styling a dress today rather than shoes. Not just one either, but three looks for you. I'm hoping to make up for lost time, though more importantly, Wallis are running a special offer, for today only, where you can buy this floral dress for just £20. That's half price! So I thought it might be a good idea to style three different looks around the colours available, instead of my usual way of styling the shoes first. I tried to choose three somewhat different styles to show the versatility of the dress.
So we'll start with the Petite pink poppy fit and flare dress £20 (usual price £40). I went for a really fun look with this one, starting with these awesome flat gladiator sandals (actually named 'glamiator'), which are knee-high and heavily covered in studs. I added this brightly coloured hairband and adorable straw cat clutch (totally want this). I think this might be my favourite look, as I love the individual items as well as the whole ensemble. Polyvore outfit set for Wallis pink floral dress with gladiator sandals
Worn with: New Look 'Glamiator' sandals £44.99, Topshop tropical floral headband £20 and happy cat straw bag £20. 

Then for the ink poppy fit and flare dress £20, I opted for a pin-up look. Starting with these lovely Miss L Fire wedges, adding gorgeous sunnies, a kitsch Moschino 'cola' can bag and a bright red pout courtesy of Topshop. This is glam, retro and playful all rolled into one!Polyvore outfit set for Wallis floral dress, pin up retro look with Moschino coke can bag
Worn with: Miss L Fire 'Rhonda' sandals £96.47, Miss Selfridge cut out cat eye sunglasses £10, Moschino cola can shoulder bag £295 and Topshop Lips in Screen Siren £8. 

Finally the orange poppy fit and flare dress £20, is a little outside my usual style, but I like I say, I wanted to show it was versatile. So I went for a boho, festival type look, adding this denim jacket, straw hat and fringed bag. The laser cut ankle boots are by ASOS and I love how they change the feel of the dress from formal to casual.Polyvore outfit set casual high street look for Wallis floral dress with boots and hat
Worn with: ASOS 'Enticing' laser cut boots £48, Miss Selfridge Petite denim jacket £39, BooHoo structured fedora straw hat £10 and Topshop suede tassel hobo bag £65. 

Remember you have until midnight to buy your half price dress. Which is your favourite look?

6 comments :

  1. Oh, so sweet! And the cat's clutch and then the "coke"'s bag! I love these items! But for me, I would love the third dress, cause it reminds me so much of a dress I had and I loved it... I will look for that one, to "re-live" that phase :) Thank you so much for these dresses here, so good to remember nice times!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Denise, always nice when something brings up a pleasant image from the past. The bags are very cool, love them both!

      Delete
  2. I love the shoes in the first outfit (so fun!), the can bag in the second one (how adorable is that?! I feel like I need it in my life, if it was like 90% off) and the last dress is probably my favorite but I see it more as a red on my monitor so that's probably why. I like the combo with the jean jacket too though I'd go for flats for a care-free look.

    Love this post :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gladiator sandals are just all kinds of awesome, aren't they? Haha, I know, the bag is cheaper now, but still not cheap-cheap! x

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.