Tuesday 7 July 2015

Day 1030 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice tartan court shoes with floral embroidery
Shoes: Blue tartan 'Heather' Irregular Choice 

Hello, I'm back-sorry for leaving it so long between posts! I mentioned back in May that I fell sick on my birthday (it was horrible) and I've really been struggling to recover. The sicky feeling eventually left me and I slowly got back to eating, but my energy and concentration levels were nil. Usually I'm itching to get blogging, but I couldn't face sitting at a computer all day or muster up any energy or inspiration for writing, editing or even reading blogs. It's really not pleasant when you're unable to do anything, but that's the way it's been.  I took a proper time-out and have to admit, I didn't miss it one little bit (sorry)! Blogging and the online community is such a huge part of my life, so I feel like I should force myself back into it though. That sounds worse than the reality, I'm trying to prepare in advance and do little bits at a time, easing myself in, because of course, I'm very much aware that if I do too much, I'll be back at square one. Constant battle!  Anyway.
So here was the outfit from the last time I went to physio, pre-sick bug and I've never been back since! I had to cancel my appointment and haven't done any of my exercises in all this time, so I guess I'll have to start at the beginning (again) when I'm feeling stronger, boo. No steps forward, two steps back is the situation it seems! Anyway, I felt like wearing something different and now that I have some shoes in my shoe-room, I'm definitely leaning towards choosing them first (easily located). So I wore this Iron Fist dress for the first time (though I bought it last year). It's covered in a bold junk food print complete with cyclops burger! It's got a huge cut-out at the back (hate cut-outs), so I wore a vest underneath (also needed for the mega scoop neckline), but because it's jersey it's 'easy to wear' for physio. IF dresses come up really short (doesn't look too bad here, but trust me, it just covered my behind), so I'd never wear one without leggings (not an issue as I usually wear leggings to physio anyway) and I wore a cardigan, just because I wasn't keen on revealing that cut out (which my bra still managed to peek out from, despite the vest). I always try and pick shoes with little or no fastenings, so I can easily slip them on and off and I wanted something bright to match the dress, so these jumped out at me.  What do you think, like this look?

Wearing:  Iron Fist 'Killer Munchies' skater dress, Primark black leggings and vest top.  
Fit: Slightly roomy in my regular size. 4" heel.
Comfort: No issues with these. plus size blogger wearing Iron Fist skater dress and tartan shoesclose up of food and drink print on Killer Munchies Iron Fist dress

8 comments :

  1. Welcome back! And it''s good that you are feeling better! It must have been very bad, so that you needed some time off. But it's good to have a break, and especially when you needed to recover, of course. Anyway, as I said, I am glad that you are feeling better! As usual, I loved the shoes, not only because of the colors, but because I love Irregular Choice! The dress/tunic is really a piece I would wear too, colorful and the length I like! Hope you now have a very nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. An older style from IC, but one of my favourites x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad things are feeling better. I think sometimes there is nothing better than a little time out when you need it. I have been feeling so under the weather and frankly completely erxhausted lately. A break can do you good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sleeping any better? Nothing worse than feeling knackered but not being able to sleep.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're back but sorry you have been so unwell. This dress is so fun!!!! The shoes have a wonderful graphic quality too!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the print of the dress (well it is IronFist after all :D) and I know what you mean about shortness of their dresses. I can't wear them because I don't like leggings and with tights it still feels too short. (The are basically longer tops on me) It doesn't look short on you in the photo though so that's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes too short for me to wear with tights too and I'm not as tall as you. I hate the big cut out thing and scoop neckline too, but the print is fun.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.