Tuesday 14 July 2015

Day 1031 - Shoesday Tuesday

feet facing forward wearing peach coloured court shoes with large velvet bow with shoe room in background
Shoes: Peach 'Take A Bow' Irregular Choice 

Another outfit post for you this week, rather than just shoes. I figured I may as well work my way down the very long to-do list! I wore this back in May when I had a dentist appointment, remember I had two outings in the same week, then fell sick and thus the blog break began! Speaking of, I'm really happy that I'm managing to blog regularly again, I'm still not up to speed (I will get back to reading your blogs very soon), but I'm coping-ish.
Anyway, it was one of those days, not really that summery looking, hence the need for a cardi and I'm sure my legs were pretty cold, but tights in summer? C'mon, nooo! I was very matchy and ladylike, I don't know if I'm subconsciously compensating for not wearing makeup and doing my hair. I wasn't exactly androgynous before though, was I? Hmm, there goes that theory.  The way my health is going, it's not looking like I'll be picking that old life up anytime soon, so I do enjoy these fleeting moments of getting to wear something other than jammies. The shoes are quite old and I've worn them with so many different dresses over the years, you've seen them lots of times. I suppose they are pretty neutral, so that's why they're so versatile.  The big, soft bow is my favourite bit. This dress was the obvious choice to coordinate, it's almost made for these shoes. I've long raved about ASOS' "wiggle dresses" and this one is made in stretch cotton, which works best for me in this design. As you can see behind me in the photo above, the doors are now on my centre cabinets in the shoe room and since these photos were taken, we've moved a lot more in. Again, it's just a pity it's been so slow moving because of my health. I still get frustrated like anyone else and am chomping at the bit to get it properly rearranged and in order (we've just been getting the shoes into the room and on random shelves so far), so I just have to be patient.  We'll get there.  What do you think of this look and the shoes?

Wearing:  ASOS floral wiggle dress, Primark pearl cardigan.
Fit: True to size, just over 4" heel.
Comfort: No issues with these. plus size blogger wearing floral wiggle dress and green cardiganplus size blogger wearing floral dress and Irregular Choice peach bow shoesclose up of floral fabric and pearl detail on green cardigan at shoulderclose up of brown floral fabric of dressside angle of feet wearing Irregular Choice peach coloured Take A Bow shoes

6 comments :

  1. They are so beautiful! I love those shoes and the dress looks so pretty on you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie. Been feeling a bit dowdy of late, so it's nice to get to dress up : )

      Delete
  2. They are loooovely! I loved the heels, the color, the bow! well, you know I am a fan of IC :) And the dress is also great! Take your time - a break is good, don't rush to blogs, just when you feel it's time!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and the shoes together and agree they look like a perfect match. I know what you mean about the frustration of wanting to do something but simply not being able to get it done fast enough - I'm still so behind post holiday, it's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought I was more capable than I am. Just not enough hours in the day to get it all done! Hope you enjoyed your holiday x

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.