Thursday 29 October 2015

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Red Or Dead Claudia


TSGSI is back this week, with some seriously 70's inspired glitter boots. I genuinely found myself asking "how would I style these?" today! I've given it a go and this is my weekly plus size look.
So the boots are called Claudia from the Ashley Williams for Red Or Dead collection £150. In burgundy patent leather with contrast pink glitter and a zip front. I considered skinny jeans because I felt they were a bit too heavy for a dress, but then I asked how would I really wear them and we all know that it would be with a dress! Nothing too formal or fitted and I came up with this bird print one from Simply Be (fyi a million times nicer on the model than it looks here). I accessorised with several different coloured fur stoles until I finally settled on the pale pink. To be honest, I'm changing my mind now and thinking I maybe overdid the pink. Mustard and burgundy also looked good and totally changed it, it's whatever you fancy I suppose. I'd just wear it draped, not pulled through like it is here.  I like dresses like this where you can colour clash or choose to pick out one of the many shades. I finished with this glitter milkshake bag from The Simpsons/SkinnyDip collection, which I've been trying to slot into TSGSI for weeks! I'm glad I saved it though, because it's perfect with these boots. What do you think, do you like this look?The Shoe Girl Styles It: Red Or Dead Claudia
Worn with: Simply Be printed jersey swing dress £22, BooHoo Charli XCX oversize long fur scarf £18 and SkinnyDip Krusty Shake bag £32.  

4 comments :

  1. I see your difficulty in teaming the boots with a garment. They're pretty cool-wish they did them in teal with teal glitter!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagined it would be easy, then when I really thought about it...not so much! I can totally see that colourway working.

      Delete
  2. I really *like* the boots, the glitter wins it for me, but I don't know that I'd ever wear them. That said, I do like the pink stole with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was along the same lines...just not sure they'd fit in with my wardrobe.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.