Wednesday 10 February 2016

The Shoe Girl Styles It: ASOS Passionate 1


After my mega post last week, with three looks for the one pair of shoes, I've decided that this would be a better approach for TSGSI every week, if you agree? I've been doing this feature each week for more than 18 months now, so I feel it's time to change it up a little.  Just a warning if you wonder why the same post/image pops up in your news feed several times this week-they are different posts!  Time permitting, I'm not going to throw all the looks into one post, they'll still be spread out throughout the week as they used to be, but will include at least one outfit that is plus size, one high street and one high end. The only downside is less shoes to style (and for you to see), but there's loads to outweigh that, like actually seeing how a pair of shoes could work for any budget or size. I used to always keep expensive shoes for the high end look and cheaper shoes for my high-street outfits, so instead I'll be mixing it up by choosing a designer pair next week with an inexpensive outfit etc It's probably more realistic that way and certainly more in line with how I'd wear them, which was the whole point of the posts (er, yeah it's in the title). In saying that, I sometimes struggled to find the perfect items for one look, now I need 3 or 4, so it might be a little trickier at times (but that's good that I push myself...well, it's not rocket science, but you know what I mean)! I'll probably make up all the looks for the week at once as it'll be easier for me to keep one as casual, one more formal etc. You probably didn't need to know that bit, but ok, onto the shoes.
I'm not all that fond of pointed toes nowadays and not one for white shoes, yet these are really appealing to me. They are ASOS 'Passionate' £45, white slingbacks with pale pink glitter heart with silver arrow detail through it. I thought seeing as it's Valentine's at the weekend, I would theme it slightly! I think they are really cute, but then I'm a sucker for hearts.  This is my more casual approach, with Topshop gingham trousers and I'd tuck this Mela top in. The mesh bits are actually hearts, which fitted into my theme without being too full-on. The frilled neckline and cuffs were an interesting touch to me.  Again this week, I'm including underwear, so added this strapless Wonderbra combo and finished with a SkinnyDip cactus bag. I feel there's something sarcastic or ironic or maybe just naughty about the notion of a prickly cactus for Valentine's Day, which amuses me! What do you think, like this look? Let me know if you think it's a good or bad idea to stick with the same shoes all week in the comments below too.The Shoe Girl Styles It: ASOS Passionate 1
Worn with: Mela mesh heart print top £14 (sale), Topshop gingham cigarette trousers £39, Wonderbra ultimate strapless bra and matching knickers £52 and SkinnyDip cactus bag (exclusive) £30.

4 comments :

  1. I love these shoes despite the fact that like you, I am not usually a fan of white shoes, or pointed toes. These appeal to me more than the Viv Westwood Lady Dragons, even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I hadn't needed every penny for Alice, I'd have bought these.

      Delete
  2. White shoes are incredibly hard to style, and in the back of my mind there's always going to be a whiff of Essex when I'm wearing white shoes. That said, white is featured in a number of Cruise Collections this year, and these are no exception. Asos have done a great job in making these shoes look more expensive than they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, they don't look cheap and I love the detail on the heart.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.