Friday 19 February 2016

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Vivienne Westwood Red Mary-Jane 1


Sorry, TSGSI is a little late this week, with one thing and another it kept getting pushed back. I have a whopper of an outfit for you today though. You all know I love fancy, intricate shoes, but every once in a while I fall for something plain.
These Vivienne Westwood red mary-janes £350 are a) red and b)shiny, which are two of my favourite things in a shoe or handbag!  I'm just a sucker for it. They have a quirky shape too, the vamp sits high at the sides and front and they have a sleek strap and signature curved VW heel. I went for something a little different for my first high street look. I fell for this unique playsuit in black cord, made to look like a long waistcoat over a shirt. I love that it has long sleeves, the frilled collar and bow detail are really cute and I just thought it was twee with a cool twist. The length means you can wear fancy tights, so I picked this striped pair from Jonathan Aston, which would really stand out against the red shoes. I added this fur cape, which I originally styled over the playsuit in the set, but it obscured the bow and collar details, so you'll have to imagine it over the top. I finished with this adorable cat clutch which I immediately assumed was a new Karl Lagerfeld 'Choupette' one, but no, it's ASOS! £32 for the Karl look, I'm impressed. What do you think, do you like this outfit?The Shoe Girl Styles It: Vivienne Westwood Red Mary-Jane 1
Worn with:  Topshop velvet cord playsuit £60, TFNC 'Marika' faux fur cape £30, Jonathan Aston 'Climbers' tights £10 and ASOS cat clutch bag £32.  

2 comments :

  1. This is v cute!!! I'd wear this wry different tights!!! It's very Sally Bowes from Cabaret.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought once I'd finished it, Cabaret meets Karl Lagerfeld! The fun you could have with tights...!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.