Tuesday 5 July 2016

Day 1076 - Shoesday Tuesday

 
Shoes: Pretty Poodle Irregular Choice

Hola! Now that I've finished my Star Wars series (!), I have a full outfit for you today. I've had to get dressed quite a bit recently and sometimes I've photographed it, so I'll see what's salvageable for blog posts! Surprisingly this wasn't a doctors appointment, but a trip out for ice-cream to Nardini's. We were attempting to try out my new wheelchair and get me out more (or at all!), plus it had been my birthday earlier in the week (this was back in May). I ended up so wrecked after this, that it's not the type of thing I could do regularly unfortunately. I skipped the ice-cream part and instead opted for a scone (becoming quite a scone fiend) and a piece of Millionaire which I was going to bring home, but managed to eat there too (well I gave some to my sister, who managed a sundae and that)!
It's rare that I feel "pretty" these days, but this outfit really had the feel-good factor and a much needed boost. Most of it was new or not worn before; the dress was literally straight out of the bag and on (don't look too closely at the fact it needed ironed, plus I managed to spill jam down it, but that was post-photos) and it's become my favourite thing. I love the shape, it seems to disguise that I'm "booby" and the length is great on me (below the knee) and it's 97% cotton with a little stretch. I managed to get the floral version too, but it's my new "wiggle dress", I want more prints and colours! I teamed it with my flamingo cardigan-white isn't usually a shade I opt for, but the large satin flamingos on each side are so cute and stop it looking stark. It's entirely possible I haven't shared these shoes here before (think I took photos a long time ago, but haven't had time to post them), have I even reviewed them on PHP? Maybe not, though I have shared them on social media. Well I just adore these, they are so 'me'. I really loved Tiny Ted last season and the pink poodles are just as cool. I keep saying this, but I'd be gloriously happy with a new colourway (and animal/person/object) each season, I swear I'd never get bored. They feature the shaded perspex, carved heel (nope not bored of that either), which is so easy to wear and comfortable. The uppers are a beautiful, sweet pink with that oil-slick finish that Tiny Ted also had. The poodle sits upwards like a t-bar and there's a nice wide strap which fastens with a non-fiddly buckle. There's lots of lovely scalloped edging and even a cute little bow at the back of the shoe. They are sickeningly pink, which I happen to love in footwear, but if that's not your thing, steer clear!  I couldn't resist adding this little shell clutch in holographic pink, my pink phone with adapted fluffy flamingo charm (sob, I now have a new ugly-ish big phone) and my Mischief sunglasses.  I like this monochrome thing with splashes of pink and like I say, I actually felt nice in it for once (even if the neck up wasn't quite so appealing)!  What do you think, happy to see a rare OOTD post? How do you like these shoes?  

Wearing:  ASOS structured midi dress in gingham, Collectif Lucy flamingo cardigan, SkinnyDip pink shell clutch, Irregular Choice Mischief sunglasses and ASOS flamingo keyring.
Fit:  Just under 4" heel. Adjustable buckle fastening on strap.  I bought the bigger size and they are a little roomy, but not noticeably.  My regular size might've been snug and tight across the top.
Comfort: No issues with these. 

8 comments :

  1. definitely glad to see your OOTD post<3
    aww,I always loved how your phone suits with your style.that metallic pink.and lately even with that fluffy flaming key charm looked even prettier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I loved the flamingo on it, so cute and ridiculous really!

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit and the shoes..... they're lovely. I have so missed your OOTD posts and hope you'll be able to do more in the near future. Love the check dress with the pops of pink. The whole thing is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, wish I could do them more often. I miss getting dressed up and wearing makeup and doing my hair : (

      Delete
  3. Oh that flamingo keyring is just the cutest thing. Love this outfit and might have to style up my new gingham Lindy Bop in the same way. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I got a unicorn one too, though it's not as soft as the flamingo.

      Delete
  4. Ah you really do look so pretty! I love it!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. I felt it before my dress got caught in the wheelchair and I spilt jam down myself, haha.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.