Wednesday 19 October 2016

The Shoe Girl Styles It: VW Melissa Rocking Horse Ballerina 1

vivienne westwood melissa rocking horse shoes
I'm back with another trio of outfits this week and my sets are looking good (even if I do say so myself). Actually this outfit, is probably one of my favourite's in a while and it came together so organically (hate that term, but that's how it happened).
The shoes, I couldn't fit their full name in the title, are part of the long-standing Vivienne Westwood Anglomania and Melissa collaboration. To celebrate 30 years since the iconic rocking horse wedge shoe appeared, they've made a jelly version this season. This is what I love about the VW collab, they take classic shapes and styles from the main Westwood lines and somehow manage to reinterpret them in plastic. I've not been feeling the past few seasons if I'm totally honest (the 2 new slingback shapes just weren't appealing to me,unlike the original Lady Dragon's), but I'm super excited to see a brand new style like this. They come in 5 colours; red, black, white, special edition bronzey nude and the grey, which I'll be styling this week. They are priced at £170, which is roughly half the price of the mainline rocking horse styles. Like I say, I didn't put much thought into this outfit, it just came together whenever I spied this gorgeous cat jumper. I obviously love the cat on the front, but I'm liking the contrast neck, cuffs and waistband, it just adds a little something. I paired it with the pleather pencil skirt and would wear these holey tights with it. I finished with this glittery Coca Cola handbag. I'm thinking you could fit tonnes in there. Obviously not, but it's cute! What do you think, do you like this look or should I say, would you 'rock' this look?The Shoe Girl Styles It: VW Melissa Rocking Horse Ballerina 1

Worn with: Knitted cat jumper, black PU pencil skirt (use code LOOK10 for £10 off wys £50 on the jumper or skirt), hole detail tights and Coke can bag.

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.