Wednesday 9 August 2017

Day 1113 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice red Ruby Envelope court shoes
Shoes: Irregular Choice Ruby Envelope 

I've had my eye on these shoes all season and finally bought them the other week in the sale. They are currently my only sale purchase from IC. After overindulging in some beauty GWP's and the Collectif sale, I didn't leave myself anything for shoes. I still have several items on my wishlist, but will likely miss them. I can't really complain when I've managed to buy so many at full price throughout the year.
So anyway, I'd heard these were running a little small or at least the head digged into the foot and I suspected as much, so ordered the size up.  I generally find the perspex heels a little tight, but I vary between being able to get away with my usual size or needing to go bigger. The head does indeed dig in (even in this size up), but the shoe runs a little big on me. There's a slight gap at the back.  I do wonder if I'd have gotten away with the other size or if the pressure would've been too uncomfortable like the Dreamkiss unicorns. My walking days are over anyway, so I can be a little less strict on the fit (so long as it's not damaging to my foot). Red shoes pretty much always make me smile and these really do make me happy. When I unboxed them, I spent a really long time studying them closely. There's a lot of detailing and the addition of the fluffy pom pom at the back is brilliant. I'm sure I've inadvertently collected at least one perspex heel style from each season over the years as they always seem to appeal to me. What do you think, do you like these?

Wearing:  Tulle frill socks.
Fit:  Just under 4" heel. Shoe length and width feel true to size but the tiger head will press into the foot across the top and for this reason, you may wish to size-up like I did.
Comfort:  I think the tiger head is going to leave a mark no matter which size you opt for.  In the bigger size, it's a minimal discomfort or annoyance, but there's no pain.  wearing Irregular Choice red Ruby Envelope court shoes showing fluffy pom pomwearing Irregular Choice red Ruby Envelope court shoes frontwearing Irregular Choice Ruby Envelope court shoes back with red perspex heel and fluffy pom pomsside view wearing Irregular Choice Ruby Envelopewearing red satin tiger Ruby Envelope by Irregular Choice shoeswearing Irregular Choice Chinese inspired Ruby Envelope SS17 courts
Irregular Choice Ruby Envelope with asos tulle frill ankle socks

1 comment :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.